23 March 2009

Malmö, Sweden

My hotel in Göteborg had a big picture of the local ice hockey team: the Indians, complete with a mascot that looked exactly like a cigar Indian. Maybe Fullerton and Göteborg should be sister cities. Something hilarious happened to me last night while buying beer: I got carded! That´s a first for Europe, and only a second for me ever outside the US. The other time was in Mexico. The drinking age in Sweden is 18 for beer and 20 for hard liquor, but some looophole makes it legal to drink hard liquor at just 18 if and only if it´s being consumed in a bar or restaurant. Weird. Today my suitcase broke beyond repair so I had to get a new one. This was very emotional for me since that suitcase has been the only thing constant in my life for over 2 months now. Best $20 I ever spent. I have no idea how much money I have since I haven't been able to access online banking in a very long time. Bank of America seems to have completely locked me out of it. This is very worrying to me since I need to know right now exactly what my balance is for a certain reason. If I have a single penny left, I will definitely take it out of Bank of America once I get back.

One month ago I was on a train to Mumbai.
Two months ago I was in Amman.

1 comment:

  1. Really seems like B of A has it in for you. I hope you were able to find the right size suitcase for your needs.

    ReplyDelete