22 March 2009

Göteborg, Sweden

Thank you to those who sent me recommendations of things to see in Oslo. Don't worry, I didn't spend all of my time in bars, I did get out and see things. In case it wasn't clear from my posts, I LOVE NORWAY!!! This morning I tried to buy a train ticket to Göteborg from the automatic ticket machine, and was very confused when I typed in "Goteborg" and nothing came up. Duh, it doesn't have an "o" in it, it's an "ö," which actually looks different in Norwegian than it does in Swedish, but whatever. After being so thrilled with the smooth train travel in Europe so far, today my train had a problem. There was something wrong with the track so we stopped somewhere outside of Oslo where everybody had to get off and get on a bus to the next station and get on a different train. They organized this pretty smoothly, but I was freaking out because the announcement was made only in Norwegian. The unit of currency in Norwedenmark (Norway, Sweden, Denmark lol) is the kroner, which literally means "crown." When speaking in English, many Norwedanes actually say the word crown instead of kroner. Sweden has many attractive women, but Norway is ten times better. Surprising, isn't it? Göteborg is a really cool city, but unfortunately it's raining.

One month ago I was in Kochi.
Two months ago I was in Petra.

1 comment:

  1. I love to study the map and try to guess where you'll end up next. Goteborg looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete