16 April 2009

Fullerton, USA

Well, it's over. I guess I could write about the things that happened to me while carrying a fake Syrian passport through four different airports, but those stories are better in person. On my US customs form where it asked for countries visited I just started listing them counting backwards from Spain, and got up to Finland before I ran out of space. I just left it like this and desperately hoped they wouldn't ask any questions, because I really didn't want to answer to what I was doing in the Middle East. When I got off the plane in LAX I realized that I had just gone through the gate located immediately next to the gate through which I had left en route to Cairo three months ago. How fucking mundane. Yesterday I signed and dated my tax returns, but accidentaly wrote the day before the month, as I've been doing it for the past three months. I was in 20 different countries. I stayed in 39 different hotels and 13 different hostels. I took 15 flights on 9 different airlines and in all was in 19 different airports. I took 23 trains, 2 ferries, 17 buses, 10 autorickshaws and 80 taxis. I used 4 municipal buses and 9 different metro systems.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! What a great trip. All you went through and to make it home relatively unscathed.

    ReplyDelete