01 April 2009

Frankfurt, Germany

German keyboards, besides the umlauts to the right, are almost identical to English keyboards except for just two letters which are transposed. One of these letters happens to be in my password, so I had a little trouble getting in to things just typing with my eyes closed. For a major world financial capital, Frankfurt is a really nice city to walk around in. There are lots and lots and lots of sex shops and strip clubs. My hostel is right next to a strip club called America with the Statue of Liberty forming the "i." I saw the building where I think the euro is actually printed in. The euro has fallen a little bit. I withdrew the exact same amount from ATMs three days in a row, and on the third day the amount of dollars taken out of my account was almost ten dollars less than the first day. I had the best donner kebab of my life today. It seemed more like a giant Middle Eastern calzone or something. Although I like Germany, there´s nothing here that I have a strong desire to see or experience, and it´s more just a transit point for me. I don´t think I´ll be spending much time here.

One month ago I was in Delhi.
Two months ago I was in Damascus.

1 comment:

  1. I checked out pictures of donner kebabs and they look so good! Lots and lots and lots of sex shops and strip clubs? That sounds like lots.

    ReplyDelete